Senior Data Architect
Senior Data Architect
Rate: $69/hr W2 (NO CORP)
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to apply for this role | NO vendors, NO sponsorship
- We are expecting a significant level of technical proficiency – not junior or mid skill candidate. Also this candidate should have a bachelor’s degree (prefer in IT or engineering) with the minimum of 15 IT years of experience not being while seeking degree. We do not have the ability nor will train the candidate.
- Lead, participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for Data Lake/Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
- Have extensive experience working with customer identification and profile standardization processes and tools such as Unica etc. Able to model customer and transactional.
- Develop Entity-Relationship / Dimensional Data, Conotical and other Models for relevant projects in the data Space
- Develop and ensure compliance with data modeling, data Integration , Business Intelligence, Data Quality standards, Master Data , managing the enterprise data model and managing all metadata in the current data warehouse environment
- Broad experience with data requirements, data modeling concepts, data integration, master data management, metadata management, enterprise data warehousing (EDW) and business intelligence/analytics, tools, protocols and practices. Prior experience with Inmon, Kimball and other related
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Strong SQL knowledge; able to write and read as well as diagnose non performing complex SQL. Knowledge of indexing and explain plans.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management Agile methodologies/processes.
- Experience with one or more relational databases such as DB2, Teradata, SQL Server etc.and NOSQL databases
- Experience with one or more data modeling tools such as Erwin, Embarcadaro etc.
- Familiarity with Big Data concepts, tools, utilities, protocols, and practices
- Broad experience with reporting/ad-hoc analysis tools such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau etc, to help tie solution to the right tools
- Familiarity with Data Ingestion/Integration, ETL/Data Quality tools iike Informatica
- Experience with building out data mappings and ensuring data lineage is complete;
- Experience with Data Governance and participating on Center of Excellence (COE) initiatives; build out standards and processes around areas like data definitions, classwords etc.
- A plus includes previous experience with DBA role & activities including high performance physical database design & performance tuning
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues.
- Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation.
- Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential.
- In addition, being a self-starter/motivator and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must.
- Need to communicate any out of office and any non-work time needs ahead of accepting engagement so can be taken into consideration due to critical milestones we are trying to achieve.
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: REMOTE