Data Governance Consultant
Data Governance Consultant
12+ Month Contract (This is a very long government project)
Must be a US Citizen to work for the Government
The Technology Services (Tech Services) section of the Federal Reserve Board (the Board) is seeking consulting expertise with establishing a comprehensive data management strategy before December 31, 2019.
The consultant will develop a data governance strategic plan that will leverage data to drive growth in business opportunities, improve customer experiences, and integrate business processes using technology throughout the data lifecycle.
Initially, the data governance consultant will provide a strategic plan and roadmap of integrating the Board’s administrative applications data, beginning with the on-premise enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications, Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft HCM, migration to the cloud. This strategy should reference a high-level plan that will provide an integration plan that will support all of Tech Service’s Application Portfolio; across various platforms.
The strategic plan should incorporate the importance of data management capabilities and stewardship. The roadmap should reflect the requirements to achieve data usability, availability, discoverability, and collaboration throughout the enterprise; how trusted information is critical to all business processes and decision making. The roadmap should navigate the plan into action by providing activities required to use data as a strategic business asset, offering new business opportunities and technology with efficiency and effectiveness. Achieving maximum value of quality data will be measured by the ability to make faster and better business decisions within MGT and DFM using digital technology, while reducing risks.
The objective is to provide recommendations for the people, processes, and technology. The recommendations should deliver a centralized data management strategy and data governance framework of key data elements for the Management Division (MGT) and Division of Financial Management (DFM).
Determining how we support our enterprise information strategy via data transformation, data quality, and data governance is the expected outcome.
The deliverables should provide the Board with options to obtain the most value from business intelligence and analytics, with quantitative and qualitative metrics. The strategic plan should suggest a data management solution that will improve operational effectiveness, enable business insights, reduce cost, and complexities.
We have to provide resumes with experience during other projects dealing with data from various sources and the integration of current or new data flows, to include some of the below components:
- Experience in strategic planning, data strategy, roadmap and budget development and implementation
- Prior experience with presenting data & analytic strategies for Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft ERPs in the Cloud.
- Experience in planning and implementing big data and/or open data initiatives
- Experience developing data usage metrics and data management practices benchmarking
- Experience developing and implementing data consumption strategies
- Experience with effective participation and collaboration as part of an IT executive leadership team; Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in data management, transformation, analytics and governance
- Technical abilities include being familiar with database modeling principles
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Knowledge of technology solutions and products available in the market
- Demonstrated success in building, managing and leading management teams
- Exceptional analytical, written, oral, and presentation skills with proven track record of delivering actionable insights succinctly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Work Experience (Minimum)
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other computer related field
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management; oversight experience required
· Relevant work experience with demonstrated leadership in data management, transformation, analytics, and governance
· Strong background in data governance strategic planning and road mapping